Sunday, September 18, 2011

SEPTEMBER IS OVARIAN CANCER AWARENESS MONTH!





 I can't believe I almost forgot that September is
Ovarian Cancer Month!
Why is it this silent whisper of a disease flies
so low under the radar compared to breast cancer?
We really need to get the word out ladies and help
raise more awareness please share this post with others.
A few years back there was a project that I participated in.  The purpose of this project was to help raise money for Ovarian Cancer Research Fund.  They created a collaborative art doll and held a raffle to win this beautiful art doll, along with creating a book titled TIES THAT BIND which is a 7x7 coffee table book showcasing the work of almost 100 artists along with inspirational quotes. This book and project was all possible due to the Internet. Each contributing artist had given of themselves in order to make a difference in the fight against ovarian cancer. The book is still for sale and all proceeds still go to OCRF.  If you'd like to read more about the project click HERE and HERE if you'd like to see more of the book and/or purchase one please click the link below:





Ties That Bind

s That Bind
A Collaboration of ...
By Aileen Roberts
Photo book

Symptoms of Ovarian Cancer

Ovarian cancer is difficult to detect, especially, in the early stages. This is partly due to the fact that these two small, almond shaped organs are deep within the abdominal cavity, one on each side of the uterus. These are some of the potential signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer:
  • Bloating
  • Pelvic or abdominal pain
  • Trouble eating or feeling full quickly
  • Feeling the need to urinate urgently or often
Other symptoms of ovarian cancer can include:
  • Fatigue
  • Upset stomach or heartburn
  • Back pain
  • Pain during sex
  • Constipation or menstrual changes

As most of you know I am a advanced ovarian cancer survivor for almost thirteen years!!!!  YIPPEE~!  I am so very grateful, as I am one of the fortunate ones.  Please remember those that are still suffering and catch any symptoms early.  I didn't and it almost cost me my life.  BTW I am feeling great and no obstructions or problems.  I have cut out all flour and sugar and processed foods.  The nice part is I am getting back into my normal size again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your 12 years. I am 8 years myself.