Saturday, July 25, 2009

VINTAGE QUILT RESCUED


Our local quilt guild had our bi-annual quilt show here in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho a few weeks ago. I worked in our "Country Store," a very reasonable store that we guild members set up and sell donated goods from the members. We all clean out our studios and let someone else have our UFO's and those items that we just had to have but never used. Of course I spent $ while working as I stashed away this and that. I kept eyeing this unfinished vintage quilt top that someone's grandmother started and then they added more to. As the two days went by the price kept dropping and during the last three hours everything went to half price. I decided to get it for $20, of course my husband thinks I was ripped off! I have taken it apart, purchased reproduction fabrics to replace the fabrics that I believed didn't work. I am now in the process of deciding where all of these fabrics will be placed. It is like one big puzzle. I made sure to keep all of the pieces of the squares together. Here is a picture of it laid out as I received it. Only the top portion was all put together. I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Hi Linda! I think you made out with that quilt!! What fun...everyone needs a good puzzle now and again. The whole event sounds like fun too!