Saturday, March 28, 2009

TIES THAT BIND - Ovarian Cancer fundraiser





The Ties That Bind project is completed and if you want a real treat, go to the site and see the finished doll that will be auctioned off to raise money for Ovarian Cancer Research.   This is a cause that is near and dear to my heart as I am a TEN YEAR SURVIVOR of advanced ovarian cancer~!!!
I am not the typical case, most women die because the symptoms are so vague that the disease becomes advanced and even with the most aggressive treatments, most do not make it.  I am one of the few fortunate ones.   I made four charms for this project, three for precious friends I have lost and one representing myself.  Be sure and take a look at the completed doll and all of the beautiful altered ties and beautifully made charms.

4 comments:

Jen Crossley said...

What amazing work Linda I love the doll,and the charms,Your an amazing woman to survive Ovarian cancer
Jen

Judith said...

Good on you Linda. Lovbe the charms. Life must seem very precious. I bet you don't "waste" a minute.
Cheers
Judy McCarthy

Wanda said...

Beautiful charms. Really nice. And you, Linda, never cease to amaze me

TracyB said...

VERY cool charms!! I think the 4th one might be my favorite! LOVE the colors!!