Monday, October 29, 2007

Mary Jo McGraw is AMAZING!

My dear friend and I were able to take a four hour class with Mary Jo today and it was fabulous. It was just the two of us at her home in the woods and it was exactly what I needed. I like her style of forcing you to just go for it and to not put a lot of thought into getting started on your altered book. We used many mediums creating wonderful metallic and high gloss paints. Now I can truly understand how to mix different Golden products and get the end result I want to achieve. We also played with alcohol inks on transparencies. What a treat to look through her many altered books and the different kinds of techniques. Wonderful day! Can't wait to get my torso book done!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

What a cool day you had Linda!
Mary Jo does make cool stuff. I bet it felt really nice!

The puzzle collage that Jenny made is SO nice!
*Smiles*
Thank you for posting it to share!

Amber Dawn

Jen Crossley said...

Oh Linda how lucky are you to spend the day, wish I was there with you sob sob:(
Cant wait to see it done
Luv
Jen